The war in Ukraine: Turkey still hopes to extend the grain export deal
Cover Photo: Evgeniy Maloletka / AP
- The International Criminal Court issued this Friday, March 17 An arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin for a war crime “illegal deportation” of Ukrainian children.
- More than 16,000 Ukrainian children have been deported to Russia since the invasion on February 24, 2022, according to Kiev, Many were reportedly placed in institutions and care homes.
- Ukrainian President paid tribute to cable a ” Historic decisionwhich marks the beginning of a historic responsibility.”
- The Kremlin has rejected the legal value of this authorization, stating that Russia does not recognize this court. ” Therefore, from the point of view of the law, the decisions of this body are null and void.Russian President’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the press.
- About US President Joe Biden, whose country does not recognize the International Criminal Court either, This arrest warrant “justification” and send it “very strong signal”.
- The head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell, paid tribute “important decision” And the UK measure that will “Accounting those at the top of the Russian regime, including Vladimir Putin”.
- Slovakia will implement Thirteen MiG-29 fighters Soviet design for UkrainePrime Minister Edward Hager announced on Friday. Thus, it becomes the second country in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, after Poland, to make such a decision.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping will visit Russia from March 20 to 22 They discuss with Vladimir Putin deepen announced “strategic cooperation” Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Discussions about the international agreement allowing the export of Ukrainian grain Across the Black Sea, go on. The United Nations said everything was being done to ensure their success. But the continuation of this agreement after the deadline on Saturday night appears uncertain due to the dispute over its duration between Moscow and Kiev.
Find our live from yesterday by clicking here on this link.
Read all of our articles, analyzes, and reports on the war in Ukraine
reporting. In Ukraine, a family is mired in the turmoil of war
decryption. For the first time, a NATO country, Poland, donates combat aircraft to Ukraine
very important. The war in Ukraine at the height of the writer’s “Diary of an Invasion” by Andrei Kurkov
runway. “There are many examples of French museums participating in the dissemination of Russian imperial narratives through art.”
interview. Emmanuel Sheva, Delegate General for Armaments: “We have entered the war economy”
chronic. Sylvie Kaufmann: “This is the second front of the Russian war: destabilization, disinformation and everything that can be used to counter EU influence”
realistic. In the United States, the war in Ukraine itself invites a race for the Republican nomination
Letter from Moscow. Children of Irina Slavina, a Russian brother divided by the war in Ukraine
realistic. The World’s answers to your most frequently asked questions